Sometimes, cloth diapering detergent can cost an arm and a leg it seems. Actually, laundry detergent in general! Most people these days tend to make their own laundry detergents, including cloth diapering safe detergent that gets the stains out thoroughly and leaves them smelling ever so fresh!
DIY Homemade Cloth Diapering Detergent
Recipe adapted from The Eco Friendly Family.
- 2 Cups Arm & Hammer Baking or Washing Soda
- 2 Cups 20 Mule Team Borax
- 1 Cup OxiClean Free or Baby OxiClean
- Pour all 3 ingredients into a medium sized container or bucket with a lid.
- Stir to mix ingredients thoroughly.
- For the specific amount to use per cloth diaper load, start with about 1/2 of a tablespoon and gradually increase as needed to get your diapers clean. If your laundry starts to come out feeling stiff, lower the amount of detergent you are using. If they come out a little smellier than you’d like, use more detergent. You can experiement with different amounts to see which amount works best for you.
Have you ever made your own detergent before? Feel free to share your recipe!